Where there’s brand love, there’s loyalty. That’s why marketers can’t afford to overlook the importance of building brand love. But how does your brand become loved by customers? What can you do to inspire it?
What is brand love?
Much like how we fall in love, we are apparently capable of forming deep and lasting emotional bonds with brands. In other words we’re more than just customers—we become fans.
Such brand love is the culmination of awareness, engagement, and trust. So clearly it doesn’t happen overnight.
Rather, it takes a conscious and consistent marketing effort to develop. These days, the prerequisites for brand love include a brand’s honesty, reliability, and its values.
Why is it important?
The benefits of brand love can’t be ignored because where there’s brand love, there’s loyalty.
Other advantages include:
- You don’t have to work so hard to convince customers to buy what you’re selling or try one of your new products. Customers will seek you out by themselves.
- Customers that love your brand are more likely to be brand evangelists. They’ll do your marketing for you, fervently promoting your products / services through word-of-mouth.
- Where there’s brand love, there’s less buyer’s remorse – often times even none!
- Customers that are committed to your brand are less prone to price adjustments. They’re even willing to pay a premium because they’ve know it’s worth it and that you won’t let them down.
How to grow brand love
When it comes to growing brand love, customer satisfaction alone isn’t enough. In fact in order for it to develop into love, a customer has to feel that satisfaction for an extended period of time.
How do you go about that? Here are 3 tips to get you on the right track.
1. Examine yourself
Everything goes back to the basics, i.e. having a solid foundation. That means you have to know who you are. What makes your brand different? What makes you better? Why are you special?
You must be able to clearly communicate these crucial points – as well as your brand’s benefits – in order to appeal to and connect with consumers.
The reason brand storytelling is so successful is because it helps form that connection.
Is your content resonating with your ideal customers?
Don’t leave it to chance – contact me now for all your copy and content writing needs.
2. Understand your customers
Knowing your customers goes beyond demographic or psychographic details. You need to understand what moves and motivates them. What do they need on a functional, emotional, and social level? Where and how does your brand satisfy those needs? Also, are there any values that you share?
Note that, in this day and age, not only do you have to communicate those shared values – you have to live up to them.
3. Build a brand to be proud of
Know how they say you can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep? Well, the same applies to the brands we support or that we’re seen with.
Make sure you’re building a brand that can be trusted and that both you and consumers will be proud to be associated with.
- Respect your customers and deliver on your promises before, during, and after their interaction with your brand – not just leading up to a sale.
- You’ll want to exceed customers’ needs and expectations—prove you’re reliable—so that they come back for more on their own accord.
- Keep the romance alive, so to speak, by always putting your customers first. Keep innovating and continuously provide relevant added value.